Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Rumor Mill

You know how it goes ... you hear something, it makes you mad and then it never happens.  However, I am starting this particular post for anyone who hears a rumor related to the budget to post it here.  Please post it as a rumor unless you know for sure it is occurring otherwise we'll create a panic.

The rumor I have been hearing is that they (the unions) are negotiating for a 2.5% across the board pay cut for the state workers that they represent.  I do not know if that is on top of what we are already paying back for FY2010 or if that is what they are going to do to us in lieu of furloughs in FY 2011.

I am also beginning to hear layoff rumors and I know for a fact that Director of the department next to mine has met with each of his Chiefs to discuss if and when it comes to layoffs, who could they do without. 

This is all I have heard for now but look at this post particularly for any rumors as to where we are going to go from here with the budget.

No comments: